Italy - HOI4 -Setting up (I)

Welcome to a new game as Italy. Unlike Australia, Italy is already at war with Abyssinia, it is a fascist nation and has much larger armed forces. However, Mussolini came to power a dozen years before Hitler and his large military is equipped with WW1 equipment, he has only one good general who can't be everywhere at the same time and Mussolini is an idiot. Not the best pre-requisites to build a global empire. But we have to make do with what we have....so here is Italy at the start.
I create an Alpine army and give them a fairly good commander then...
 ...order them to a port. They are going to Abyssinia.
I grab the rest of the army...
 ...assign a lousy commander then...
 ...order them to the Austrian border to remind Hitler that we also have plans for the alpine nation.
In Eritrea we do the same...
 .but this army gets the good general, Giovanni Messe.
The Abyssinian troops are red because they are the enemy.
Now the same again in Somalia.
General Soddu is one of the duds be he may gain some valuable experience here.
Next the air force...
...and the navy.
We have 2 divisions in Libya. They've been ordered to garrison the two regions highlighted below.
My research projects - 4 of them this time,
Next my construction. I have 11 CF's available....
...but 3 of them will be used for imports. 2 for oil from Romania.
1 for rubber from France.
Now I distribute my dockyards for naval production.
That's the relatively easy part. In the next installment are my battle plans.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?