Italy - HOI4 - Operation Barbarossa (II)

13 May 1943: Army Germania has already captured Berlin and is poised to advance further to Hamburg, the new provisional German capital.
14 May 1943: First The Netherlands then Switzerland ask for a Non-Aggression Pact.
Since I have no intention of attacking the Allies I see no reason not to accept the offers.
I need more tungsten so I go to Portugal again.
I agree to a Non-Aggression Pact with South Africa too.
18 May 1943 and Infantry Anti-Tank I technology has been researched. The advance to the Baltic Ports continues.
Army Alps needs to advance through Warsaw to reach East Prussia so I give some encouragement.
I choose to research the FNAB-43 submachinegun for the infantry.

21 May 1943 and many Non-Aggression Pacts are being signed. Graziani's Army of coastal divisions are performing well. They have passed through the Alps and are now heading towards    Stuttgart.

24 May 1943 and General Messe has been wounded. That is sad loss.
We are now operating against Spanish convoys near Gibraltar.
The Army Mobile has punched a huge hole in the German lines and can now advance to the Ruhr unopposed.
28 May 1943: I am being reminded that conquered regions of Germany need to be garrisoned or the Factories will be sabotaged by partisans.
04 Jun 1943: Hamburg has been captured and the new capital is Metz. Army Mobile will advance in its direction in order to capture it. Most of the Ruhr is also under Italian control.
06 Jun 1943: Now Finland wants to join in. Why not?
Latvia too...
07 Jun 1943: In the east Konigsberg has been captured. Danzig is the next target.
09 Jun 1943: In the west Army Mobile is attacking into the Rhineland while also at the gates of Metz. Let's hope that this will soon be then end for Nazi Germany.
10 Jun 1943 and Germany is on the verge of capitulation.
12 Jun 1943: VICTORY!!!!
Look at my score, over 3,000 points. That's a lot of shopping money!
First I annex Hungary.
Then I 'purchase German regions/(those in blue). I can't go below 325 points which Bulgaria has.
I click on End of Turn then Pass to gain more points.
With over 3,000 points again I annex the rest of Germany and all of Poland. Done.
At the Treaty of Budapest Italy formally annexes Hungary and Germany and gains a lot of badly needed equipment.
Unfortunately we are still involved in the Soviet Civil War. More in the next post. Republican Spain appears to have recreated the Soviet Union from the Russian territory which the Germans were occupying.
Now Italy is well established as the #3 in the world. We now have more Factories than the USA.
Our problems are not over and there are new challenges. Until soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?

Prussia - HOI4 - Drang Nach Osten (I)