Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

28 Jan 1941: Just over one week after we responded to the brutal Soviet assault on Finland we have made considerable gains despite the many handicaps which have confronted us.
I start recruiting 10 more assault divisions.
I like those figures but look at the contribution of the Allies - ZERO!!!
31 Aug 1941. Our forces have captured Kiev, the Ukrainian capital. At Vitebsk the Fallschirmjäger are helping to make contact with the advancing troops.
The Soviets suffer a major naval defeat in the Baltic.
We also agree to a Non-Aggression Pact with France.
01 Feb 1941: Guderian's Panzerarmee has started to engage the enemy. A gaping hole in the Soviet lines is being created. In addition, Encryption research has been completed.
I decide to research Concentrated Industry IV next.
06 Feb 1941: There is intensive fighting north of Gomel. We appear to have the upper hand though.
07 Feb 1941: The situation in the south is more confused. I give orders to take Odessa!
We have linked up with the airborne troops while a pocket of Soviet troops to the west is being neutralized.
Good news from the northern sector too but the lack of armour is preventing a breakthrough to Leningrad.
09 Feb 1941: I'm committing some reserves to help clear some stubborn Soviets north of Gomel.
10 Feb 1941 and 1st Army is putting more pressure on the defences around Odessa.
15 Feb 1941: The Sonderkraftfahrzeug 11 is available for production but I shall hold off until this conflict is over. Other equipment has priority at the moment.
I choose Improved Artillery Upgrade II for my next research project.
16 Feb 1941: The Narvik-class Destroyer is ready for production . I remain with the Kriegsmarine and start developing the Prinz Eugen-class Heavy Cruiser.
West of Gomel in the centre of the front the Russians are proving to be very resilient. Dear commanders, maybe we need to encircle them.
19 Feb 1941: Another naval victory in the Baltic.
20 Feb 1941: I need to deploy some new troops especially the Sicherungs-Divisionen. They are really nothing but large brigades but I need them to garrison the vast territory we have captured. I don't want Partisans to cause any trouble.
01 Mar 1941: I increase the Conscription Laws to include all adults. This war is consuming a lot of troops.
In the north we have almost a stalemate.
Well we are winning but as feared the casualties are high. The Allies however have suffered only 1,000 dead in 6 weeks of 'fighting'. They just want to reserve a seat at the conference table when the war is over.
A more detailed look at Allied casualties. Free Europe is doing 99% of the fighting while little Belgium is doing the remaining 1%. Typical France.
In the north the Finns appear to have retaken much of the lost territory and are now threatening Leningrad. A couple of my divisions have advanced too far and are in danger of being surrounded. I've ordered them to pull back.
We are still losing the air war in the Northern Front so I have added a couple of Stuka wings and assigned them to Armee Ost.
07 Mar 1941: It looks like we are going to lose that division... In the meantime the Westwall focus has been completed.
08 Mar 1941: I order a Panzerkorps north to help out.
I now choose the National Focus The Monarchy Compromise. It is time for Germany to become a democracy.
We are making progress but the Russians are stubbornly resisting. They are benefiting from our lack of organization. I have to fix that and fix it soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?