Italy - HOI4 - Changed Realities

08 Nov 1942: The war against Spain really annoys me and France's stubbornness even more but I am not going to get my army involved.
I order General Messe's Army Germania to Milan...
...and Field Marshall Badoglio's Army Czech to Brno.
General Balbo's Army Riviera is sent to Venice...
...while Field Marshall Graziani's Army Italia is ordered to Rome.
Wow! It would only cost 7 PPs and take 35 days to justify a war goal to conquer Oberbayern. This is just a preview because the troops aren't ready yet.
I decide to construct 2 more MFs in Sicily.
I also need to start regrouping my air and naval forces.
My parachute divisions are being sent back to their home base near Vienna.
I can also adjust my imports. Less oil from the US...
… and less Tungsten from Portugal.
Looking good.
I invest 50 PPs in War Bonds which gives me more CFs for 180 days.
To be precise I have gained 8 extra CFs.
I can't even equip new coastal divisions so I cancel recruitment of them. All production will be used to bring existing divisions up to full strength.
For example, the 250th Divisione Costiera in the Alpine fortresses is waiting for equipment to be produced and delivered. It is only at 63% strength as most of these divisions are.
14 Nov 1942: Construction IV has been researched.
I choose to research Advance Computing Machine next.
16 Nov 1942: It appears that Nazi Germany has a very bad opinion of the Russian Federation. Italy has a good relationship with them though. Like us the Russians still have military access to Germany territory.
The exiled Soviet Air Force operating from Spain is beginning to influence my operations in the Western Mediterranean.
18 Nov 1942: I decide to abandon naval operations in the region and concentrate them in the central and eastern Med. as well as the Tyrrhenian Sea. That's where my convoys are.
Badoglio's forces now become the Army Hungary and are sent to their border to plan an invasion. They are in the Axis faction so they too need to be neutralized when I attack Germany.
Interesting. The German focus is Ostwall. That is a defensive posture to Russia.
I order a couple of air wings from Turkey to Bulgaria...
...also 3 air wings from Turkey to Italy.
Six more air wings (520 aircraft, mainly fighters) are moved from Turkey to Sardinia. Notice that the Western Mediterranean air region is bright red, i.e. the enemy has air superiority there.
27 Nov 1942: I reassign 2 more fighter wings there but it still has no effect. Let's we have superior quality if not superior numbers.
29 Nov 1942: Here is the screen for that region. We have almost 3000 fighters but we are operating at a longer distance. They are defending their front doorstep.
That looks better. One battle was near Rhodes!
I end this post with an allied air victory over the Western Mediterranean. 10 enemy convoy ships were sunk.
Note that the air wings being used here can quickly be given new missions over Germany and Hungary when required. Until soon, folks. Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?