Italy - HOI4 - Big Changes

16 Nov 1938: I need to start building my new destroyer. I decide to upgrade its engines.
That's what it gave - a small increase but it could make a difference. In fact I set up 2 production lines each with 3 dockyards each.
I need more steel so I import it from Germany.
They've chosen Align Romania as their next focus - with an active War Goal against them?
As for the French, it's defensive so I'm not worried. They're not going communist after all. Daladier appears to have them under control.
The British are busy in the Far East.
No good news from the Kremlin - well no good news for Adolf.
Talk of the Devil he has formalized the Pact. Also I am soon to receive a new fighter which I also won't produce. I'm just researching the technology.
25 Nov 1938 and here it is. Finally a monoplane.
I'm researching Concentrated Industry III next.
An  overview - nothing completing in the near future.
09 Dec 1938: I need to address my shortages - I do have beaucoup factories.
I've put more emphasis on the big guns which means I need more steel and tungsten.
The steel from Germany again.
The tungsten from Portugal.
Happy New Year! On 04 January I assign two trained Armoured Divisions to Army Mobile giving a total of five.
25 January and my focus Italy First is completed.
Benito proclaims the Novus Imperium Romanum (it sounds good) so we have our marching orders.
My next focus is Bomber Effort. This inter-war air force is driving me bonkers.
News from the Far East. It appears that Siam has sided with Japan. What does London think of that?
On 04 Feb 1939 my first airborne division is ready for training.
13 Feb 1939 and Adolf is asking for a non-aggression pact. I shall not reply to keep him guessing.
Another armoured division arrives and is placed in training.
The Army Mobile as of 18 Feb 1939.
A big day because the Democrats (PPI) are demanding a referendum and I expend 100 PP to enable it. Will I regret this???
The end of the short-lived Novus Imperium Romanum.
Welcome to the Republic of Italy, folks. Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?