Italy - HOI4 - Decisions, Decisions

11 Sep 1938: Four more divisions are fully trained so I assign them to Badoglio's Army.
It's becoming quite sizeable.
17 Sep 1938 and Dive Bombing has been researched.
I decide to research the C.200 Saetta next to take advantage of the 70% less research time. The symbol in the top right corner of the aircraft pic signifies that a carrier version can be designed.
An overview of what is currently being researched. Note that Germans are slowly building a frontier force. Nothing threatening though.
21 Sep 1938: I have an alert telling me that not all my CFs are busy constructing. That is wasteful.
So I'll build some more CFs and I need to think about anti-aircraft defences on my northern border. The more I import the more my number of CFs reduce.
A week later I start building transport aircraft for paratroopers.
I import more oil - from Romania this time.
01 Oct 1938: I transfer an infantry division to General Messe's Army Germania - it is at maximum strength now.
I now give my infantry divisions more firepower by adding an artillery battalion and an anti-tank battalion to each one.
That puts a huge hole in my production. I'm ca. 1500 guns short for each weapon.
12 October and the PPI is now at 42% and climbing.
23 Oct 1938: Because of the two extra battalions to each division they needed more training. I can now start to conclude the extra training.
08 November, another leap forward and my modern artillery piece is ready for production. The 149/40 means that the diameter of the barrel is 149mm and the barrel length is 40 times that, in other words 6 metres.
I use the free research slot to design the M11/39 tank but it won't be produced. I need it though in order to research M16 tank below it. The three symbols in each tank picture are from top to bottom a tank destroyer, a self-propelled artillery version and an anti-aircraft version.
I now replace the old gun with the new one in the production line. All the old guns have to be replaced and it'll probably take a year to achieve that.
13 Nov 1938 and there is a democratic opposition forming. I lose 5% stability but the PPI gains 5%.
There it is at almost 48%. Time is running out for Benito.
The next day a more modern destroyer is ready.
 The free slot is used to research Radio Detection which is essential for RADAR.
14 Nov 1938: My focus Mare Nostrum is completed. Good news!
Behind is the result of a German focus. I joined the anti-Comintern because the British and hopefully the US would appreciate it sometime down the road so I am already in the bad books of the Soviet Union. If I choose the 1st option it only get's worse for Italy.
The second option does nothing but I choose the 1st option because even as a democracy Italy would support an offensive against the Soviets by either the Axis or the Allies. However I would not do it as a member of the Axis faction.
My next focus is Italy First which enables me to create my own faction with Bulgaria as a member. That hopefully puts a dent in the British Balkan ambitions. They can't attack a democratic nation. That is my insurance policy against the Allies.
Two important decisions in this post which support each other. Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?