Italy - HOI4 - Final Preparations

01 Apr 1943: Several armies will be involved so I start with General Messe's Army Germania. It is assigned a sector of the front which is nearest to Berlin, its main objective.
Next Army Mobile is relieved of duties at the French border...
...and is allocated a sector on Army Germania's left flank. 
Army Piedmont's sector is widened to include the Swiss Alps north of Milan.
Finally Army Italia is split into two halves...
...with one half used to fill the gap opposite eastern Switzerland.
Starting on the left flank I mark Army Piedmont's objectives.
I do the same for the other four armies.
Last but not least Army Hungary also receives its marching orders. (I have overlooked the gap between this army and the Bulgarians.)
03 Apr 1943: Air wings are assigned to the armies. We now have air superiority over the western Mediterranean. The enemy is concentrating on southern France and that is not my problem. That's one for Hermann Göring.
14 Apr 1943: Great. The Improved Anti-Tank Upgrade I did arrive in time.
I now select Improved Rubber Processing.
16 Apr 1943: The Spanish Army is making large advances because the Russian troops are leaving the frontline.
I cancel our military access to German territory. Smart question in response...
Adolf doesn't appear to be too concerned. He never thought much of the Italian armed forces. We'll give him some free tuition.
20 Apr 1943: (Hitler's birthday.) Centimetric Radar has been researched.
Improved Centimetric Radar is the next research project.
21 Apr 1943 I cancel our oil imports from Germany.
The steel imports are cancelled too.
I have to look elsewhere for these resources. I import more steel from Russia...
...and the USA.
That looks great but after the outbreak of hostilities I may have to make further adjustments.
24 Apr 1943 and the situation in France is worsening.
Our naval convoys are under attack again.
05 May 1943 and I give my parachute divisions a combat jump mission. That should help our forces get to Budapest faster.
06 May 1943 and my justification is finished.
So I declare war on Germany and call all allies.
The transmission is acknowledged.
I then do the same for Hungary.
Finished.
In the next post I can imagine there will be lots of action. Until then, ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?