Ottoman - HOI4 - War with Italy (III)

31 Dec 1911: I upgrade two more divisions....
….then shuffle divisions between armies.
At Tobruk the rearguard action is progressing as planned.
Late in the evening I order a division to block the coastal road.
02 Jan 1911: I accept Infantry Equipment from Hejaz - every little bit helps.
04 Jan 1912: My infantry divisions are on the way to Izmir.
11 Jan 1912: I add 2 infantry battalions and an Engineer Support company to the template of the Garrison Division. They will now be halfway to the new Infantry Division standard.
13 Jan 1912: The infantry divisions have arrived safely in Izmir and the 5 cavalry divisions are now embarked while our navy is fighting a battle nearby and hopefully keeping the Italians busy. Cavalry can move faster than infantry so they could easily disengage and head to Benghazi. They are also heading to Izmir.
15 Jan 1912: Another victory for our navy protecting the convoys.
The two divisions from Army East are returning to their garrisons in Adana and Antalya.
16 Jan 1912: We sank one of their submarines that ventured too close.
20 Jan 1912: The focus Equipment Effort has completed.
I select Trench Warfare Focus next.
22 Jan 1912: We can now recruit Mountain Infantry I troops.
I choose Mining I as the next technology to research.
27 Jan 1912: All our divisions arrived home safely but we left 13,000 fallen comrades behind. R.I.P.
And we sank another Italian submarine....but those 2 skulls top-right indicate amphibious assaults.
30 Jan 1912: There it is just north of the Greek border. Luckily the first 5 divisions extracted from Libya are there to defend the port. The Italians number at least 8 divisions and can only have a maximum of 10 divisions (game limit).
31 Jan 1912: Now that is what I call excellent timing. The doctrine Entrenching Battalions arrives. We are currently losing the battle but more troops are rushing to the scene.
I select Rifleman Primacy as the next doctrine. I need to have my infantry catch up with the European standard.
There are two battles ongoing: the green '92' is our 5 divisions defending the port - they are winning. The red '31' is for the 3 divisions attacking the Italians from the north. I select 4 divisions from Army Bulgaria and assign them to 2nd Army at the Greek border.
I select a couple more then order them to the front.
04 Feb 1912: We are still losing but the battle will take 106 days. I doubt that the Italians have brought that much supplies with them.
I now have 9 divisions en route to the front while 10 divisions are attacking the enemy.
06 Feb 1912: The 9 Italian divisions are now outnumbered and more of my units are on the way.
08 Feb 1912: Another naval battle and I think we came out on top.
17 Feb 1912: As the battle turned to our advantage the negotiators in Rome agreed to a White Peace. We offered Libya which they accepted but demanded the Dodecanese Islands in the Aegean Sea. They are more Greek than Turkish so I agreed. They can't use our port to go home though so they have a long walk ahead of them.
The war is over and that ends this post. I've learnt that our troops need better equipment but how much time do we have before our adversaries in the Balkans attack?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany - HOI4 - Damn the Soviets! (II)

Germany - HOI4 - Opposing Hitler

Italy - HOI4 - Danzig or War?